Project Operations Manager
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Project Operations Manager
Suresnes + Missions
Job Outline for a Project Operations Manager:
• Based in Head-Office in France within the Operations Team, or Project Team with potentially some regular missions in situ (onshore on logistic bases & offshore on working sites).
• The Project Operations Manager (POM) is accountable to Project Manager (PM) for the safe and efficient execution of overall project operations, in accordance with planning constraints, associated cost envelope and project quality Requirements.
• The POM Manager is responsible for co-ordination of all marine spreads involved in execution of Project Operations. The POM assists the Regional or Country Operation Department for optimisation of overall vessels occupation in providing project constraints.
• The POM assists the current tenders for optimization of overall planning and sequencing of vessels and operations.
• The POM will contribute to support current tenders regarding Logistics, Marine Spread and offshore execution, including POB definition.
• All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within the company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities during Tender and Project-
• Define scope of work (SOW) attributed to each spread and interface with project engineering manager to ensure engineering documents are timely developed in line with operations requirements.
• Organise installation feasibility review involving operational personnel and Ship Operations Manager (SOM) / field engineers prior to initiating detailed installation engineering.
• Review and Comment Technical Document Register (Installation engineering documents).
• Determine Spread for realisation of offshore Operations: construction vessels, chartered support and transportation vessels etc. taking into account requirements from SOM (Support Vessels).
• Monitor with SCM the selection of subcontractor¡¦s on operations related issues.
• Prepare Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) plan.
• Ensure project Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) is issued. Review and comment project ITP.
• Interface with project technical manager to identify critical parts of the work (technical, clash etc.) and initiate applicable Risk analyses
• Responsible for marine spread assurance (S7, Client and local requirements); Organise supporting surveys and audits as required.
• Check & Ensure Country regulations requirements are followed
• Check Communication means/ VSAT availability for chartered vessels.
• Organise Manning of chartered vessels with support of Offshore Crewing Group (Define, Allocate, Logistic)
• Define personnel requirements (POB) for project specific subcontract quantity/ functions such as pre-commissioning staff.
• Review & Endorse POB (quantity /functions)
• Ensure availability of project specific safety equipment/PPE and safety personnel with support of HSE Adviser
• Follow-up of chartered vessel management as SOM (Audit, POB, Mob, HSE, Emergency Plan, SOW)
Planning, Budget & Co-ordination:
• In co-ordination with SOM, Establish baseline Project schedule. Update and optimise continuously Project Operations schedule.
• Ensure Spread availability, external spread booking
• Attend regular country operations meetings, Tender Boards, Construction Review
• In co-ordination with PCM, review the as-bid budget for in-country logistics and operations, establish and monthly monitoring the estimate-at-completion (EAC) budget for in-country logistics and operations.
• Ensure project CNQ (Costs of Non Quality) are captured, reported and addressed.
• Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
Logistic Support to Operations:
• Define all logistic requirements to support the project operations, in order to ensure timely deployment of resources (personnel, equipment and vessels).
• Communication with S7 country organization (or local agent) for logistic purposes (Project Equipment and Material) In and Out of S7 Base.
• Monitor local logistic support and improve it when required.
• Define Crew change means from vessel to shore.
• Organise importation of project equipment and material in country.
• Organise Vessel clearances in country of Operations
• Ensure full spread readiness to start the operations.
• Co-ordinate Yard activities and load-out sequence for timely delivery of fabricated items.
• Organise timely mobilisation of subcontracted personnel.
• Prior to start operations, organise Project Familiarisation meeting to vessel crew on board.
• Organise mobilisation of Client Representative. Co-ordinate with Client access to site
• In co-ordination with project HSE manager, ensure resources (Medivac, security boats etc.) to support Offshore Bridging Document (including Emergency Response Plan) are available
• Ensure Permit-To-Work system is in place.
• Review safety reports and participate in closing necessary remedial actions
• Organise sequence of offshore operations
• Daily Management of support spread in line with vessel requirements (incorporables, fuel, water, food).
• Organise daily conference call with attendance of SOM, for progress follow up and give instructions to the vessel.
• Support PM for liaison with Client regarding operational matters.
• Define with SOM level of management-of-change (MOC) and approve "Major" MOC during execution of the project
• SIMOPS management
• Provides all documentary evidence necessary to lodge any contractual claims, which may arise.
• Ensure Non Conformance Report are issued and closed out as required.
• Issue daily spread activities report
• Ensure all project equipment are timely demobilised and returned to suppliers.
• Ensure liaison with Yard for return of fabricated installation aids and re-certification of rigging
Feedback / Knowledge Management:
• Participate in Lessons Learnt meeting.
• Provide input in preparation of Project Operations Debrief Report.
• Third-level technical or similar university degree
• 7 - 10 years of experience in offshore operations, from which minimum 4 years of working experience in offshore operations, with a significant part spent on board installation vessels for pipelay, flexlay and other subsea construction scopes
• Good knowledge of logistic rules and principles on which immigration, customs and importation / exportation laws of countries where operations take place are based.
• Fluent in English.
• Good ability to synthesize information, challenging execution Plan
• Good capability to develop schedule of execution under MicroSoft Project
• Communication & organisational skills.
• Capacity to adapt quickly to changing situations.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.