- Job Type:
- Market related
One of our major clients who are a leading manufacturer that provide electro-mechanical equipment to a number of different clients in the nuclear industry are now looking for a Production Manager to oversee planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes ensuring efficient production of products and systems, specifically ensuring they meet the needs of the customers and consistently meet their expectations in terms of quality.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for all aspects of production at the site in Farnborough, different aspects such as supply chain, testing, shipping, manufacturing operations and financial and non-financial-metrics. The main responsibilities of a successful candidate would have a lot of exposure to strategy, also looking at planning, organizing, directing and the day-to-day running of the production facility. A major part of the role would be developing initiatives for Continuous Improvement, Process Improvement, Change Management, preferably looking for someone who would consider themselves a lean champions in manufacturing, essentially a Lean Sex Sigma or Lean Improvement background will be essential for this role.
This role has 16 direct reports, ranging from IT Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics Manager and then Shop Floor staff. They will be looking for someone who can come in and create a structure within the production department, experience coming into a new business and creating change would be essential for this role.
Experience and Qualifications required for the role:
• At least 5 years’ experience within a similar position.
• A background in or trained in Six Sigma or Lean Methodology
• Minimum HNC/HND level in an electronics/mechanical engineering discipline.
• Experience in the use of ERP systems
• Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative
• Hands on approach
• KPI driven
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment where resources are limited.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Results focused and committed to achieving deadlines.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.