- Job Type:
My Client is a leading Chemical manufacturer, which produces E-Liquid and OEM products for some of the world’s largest e-cigarette companies.
The Company has been growing at an exponential rate for the last four years and is focused on producing a wide range of quality products, whilst improving production processes.
They have recently moved to a 54,000 square foot facility based in Park Royal, where we employ over 150 people.
The business has an ambitious growth plan for the next three years. We are now recruiting key personnel to help deliver the plan.
You will be responsible for creating and executing short, medium and long term procurement strategies and to assist in price forecasting, sourcing and procurement of raw materials and consumables for the business.
• Directly and indirectly responsible for sourcing negotiating and placing of contracts for Raw Materials and Packaging
• Providing the business with up to date market and product information to enable informed business decisions to be formulated
• Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships with key strategic /critical suppliers to improve supplier performance
• Manage the price of commodities through low cost sourcing and strategic techniques.
• Be involved in NPI along with key stake holders in the business, expanding range and products.
• Stakeholder management to improve visibility throughout, increase margins and ensure that multiple departments are in sync with another to minimise risk and increase overall performance.
• Reduce stock write offs to agreed minimum yearly level in liaison with planning department.
• The successful Senior Buyer will have previous purchasing experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (essential).
• Able to Develop and manage Suppliers effectively including improving terms
• Have experience and be competent in stakeholder management, to ensure a collaborative approach is taken.
• Be commercially strong and analytically
• Have been involved with NPI previously within a Purchasing role.
• Come from a fast paced purchasing background and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• You will have excellent IT / systems skills with proven experience of managing ERP and MRP supply chain systems.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation