- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
We are currently recruiting a Subsurface Manger ion Aberdeen on contract basis.
• The Subsurface Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing the capabilities of the subsurface team in Aberdeen.
• The role is also responsible for managing the technical quality and verification of all aspects of the UKBU subsurface work and to provide robust technical challenge to improve production performance and increase recovery from the producing assets.
• Additionally, the incumbent will provide subsurface resources as required to support petroleum resource reviews, UK exploration and appraisal efforts and business development assessments as required by UK and Corporate Management.
• The incumbent will be responsible for interacting and influencing functional and asset leaders within the BU as well as local and corporate management to ensure the appropriate subsurface functional support is being provided and a future resource plan has been developed and agreed with the leadership team.
• The role will report to the UK Operated Assets and Technical manager with a functional link to the Group Subsurface Manage
• Educated to degree level in engineering or earth science discipline
• Masters in a relevant discipline preferable
Skills / experience:
• Broad and extensive experience working in the upstream oil & gas industry, primarily focused on production and development projects.
• Broad experience of all subsurface disciplines with strength in field development, reservoir modelling and production optimisation.
• A proven track record of success in leadership and has managerial experience.
• Experience in near field exploration and decommissioning activities would be advantageous
• Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
• Up to date working knowledge of relevant subsurface technical software.
• Good understanding of drilling and production operations.
• Attributes and behaviours:
• Ability to identify, analyse and develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function
• Works effectively with senior management colleagues and seeks opportunities for enhancing the effectiveness of teams.
• Supports, promotes and implements change. Encourages the adoption of new methods and overcomes barriers to acceptance.
• Manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity
• A bias for action and a passion for maximizing recovery from reservoirs.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.