Instruments and Control Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- £55k - 65k per year
A major player in the Oil and Gas industry in Aberdeen are looking for a Control and Instruments Design Engineer. The Instruments and Control Engineer will be responsible for the production of cost effective instrumentation and control designs ensuring they meet project and customer requirements.
Job Specific Duties:
- Working under supervision specifying modifications to existing equipment or purchase of new equipment
- Contributing to the development of the plans, schedules and estimates for the individual workscopes
- Ensuring all instrumentation & control design changes are captured by the change control process
- Ensuring all instrumentation & control engineering work is carried out in accordance with asset priorities and schedules as set out in the integrated plan
- Ensuring as far as possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Engaging with instrument design personnel and other disciplines as required in the production of engineering and design deliverables
- Preparing engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates where necessary
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
Ideally the client would like the correct candidate to have the following experience/qualifications...
- Degree or equivalent or HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline and be working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status/member of a recognised institution.
- They will be certified to work offshore and have experience within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry.
- Candidates will have relevant experience and knowledge of instrumentation & control engineering principles and their application to engineering projects from conceptual to detailed engineering stages.
- Brownfield project experience is desirable.
- We are looking for a self-starter who is computer literate with excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills.