Senior Pipeline Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Senior Pipeline Engineer | Oil and Gas Engineering Jobs
Main Purpose of Role
• To deliver Pipeline discipline engineering services for the UK and Europe region in support of green and brown field projects and studies of varying size, duration and complexity for Clients in diverse energy, oil and gas and infrastructure related industry sectors.
• Part of the Europe Engineering and Project Management Service Line and based in Bristol, the role will also provide Pipeline support to the Europe Asset Management and Asset Integrity Service lines and occasionally other Regions.
• Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with corporate, project and client procedures and requirements as well as our clients ISO 9001 Accredited Quality System, including ISO 14001 Environmental Procedures and ISO 18001 Health and Safety Procedures.
• Develop and deliver Pipeline related scope for studies and projects from Feasibility and Concept, through FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, Commissioning and Operational Engineering support.
• Undertake and supervise the preparation of all Pipeline related activities and deliverables including design criteria, route selection, AGI 3D models, calculations, wall thickness selection, pipeline stress analysis, equipment specifications and data sheets, material selection, layouts and arrangements, installation details, and material MTOs.
• Undertake vendor review and pre-qualification, bid evaluations and clarifications, vendor meetings, contracting strategy and Pipeline package deliverables.
• Participate in site visits, Project reviews, Risk assessments, HAZOPs and Design Reviews, constructability review.
• Interpret and apply Pipeline industry standards and codes affecting design work and project deliverables.
• Assist Business Stream Management in preparing proposals by providing technical expertise.
• Promote effective communication and co-ordination within Pipeline and across other disciplines and Regions, and encourage sharing of best practice.
• Maintain a strong awareness of project CTRs and time spent developing, checking, approving and revising project deliverables.
• Promote implementation of our clients design standards and work practice.
• Mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
• Engineering Director Europe
• Head of Project Services Europe
• Heads of Asset Management and Asset Integrity Service Lines Europe
• Discipline Engineers/ Principal Leads in the Regional M&P departments.
• Project Managers
• CEE - Centre for Engineering Excellence
Knowledge / Experience (Skills)
• A broad Pipeline related technical background in the design of several of the following: oil / gas / energy sectors; onshore and offshore pipelines and facilities; mid-stream; storage / tank farms; process plants; petrochem plants; FPSO.
• Experience in feasibility, concept selection, FEED and detailed design, stress analysis.
• Working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
• Extensive experience of relevant National and International Standards and Codes of Practice (ASME B31.4/B31.8, BS PD 8010, IGEM/TD/1, API 5L, API 6D etc).
• Site, construction and operations or operations support experience.
• Experience in the regulated industry. G17/ GL5 approver/ Appraiser qualifications along with practical Authorising Engineer/ Competent Person experience desirable.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver efficient analytical solutions to engineering design tasks.
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating ability to manage and provide technical guidance to engineers.
• An engineering degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. M.Sc. in pipeline engineering is desirable.
• Chartered membership of an appropriate institution is desirable.
Environment, Health & Safety
In addition to the role Responsibilities, every employee has overall responsibility for:
• Understanding and adhering to all relevant policies and procedures;
• Taking reasonable care for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others;
• Working with the Company to ensure a high standard of Environmental Health and Safety management by following the site EHS procedures. Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality standards/procedures in your area. This includes reporting any deviations from these standards/procedures, completing corrective actions and making recommendations to prevent similar deviations in the future.
• Communicates and Influences - Communicates and influences others, presenting information clearly and adapting styles to meet audience needs and achieve business outcomes.
• Collaborates and Partners - Promotes trust and respect in all relationships, actively listens and integrates others' perspectives and offers constructive challenge, supports teamwork and collaborates across boundaries to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
• Delivers with Focus - Takes initiative to anticipate challenge and ensure performance is delivered with energy and perseverance, taking responsibility and accountability to respond flexibly and ensure quality outcomes.
• Exceeds Client Expectations - Expends effort to ensure maximum internal and external client satisfaction, through building excellent stakeholder relationships and striving to exceed client expectations through the delivery of quality products and services
• Provides Professional Expertise - Maintains own professional knowledge, skills and understanding within their specific area of expertise, and effectively applies and shares their expertise to support business operations and growth.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.