Senior Drilling Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Senior Drilling Engineer
• This role is responsible for well engineering, design and technical integrity aspects of well projects and ensuring the safe and efficient execution of well projects.
• Leads the well engineering effort for well construction, workover and abandonment projects.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Ensures projects are planned in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements and are executed safely and efficiently.
• Demonstrates a challenging and innovative approach, to ensure cost effective, safe and environmentally acceptable engineering solutions. Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies in support of Spirit Energy’s objective to be an industry leader and drives their implementation.
• Applies appropriate techniques and processes to drive performance through benchmarking and data analysis.
• Ensures appropriate peer reviews and/or risk assessments are held for each well project with actions closed out accordingly.
• Liaise effectively with the Well Examiner and regulatory organisations in support of well submissions and notifications.
• Interfaces effectively with other team’s e.g. subsurface, projects, supply chain, finance to safely and successfully deliver the project.
• Prepares AFEs for each project. Ensures project expenditures are effectively monitored, managed and controlled.
• Prepares and evaluates tenders. Acts as Technical Sponsor for certain contracts.
• Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Ensures contractor delivery against KPIs/scorecards.
• Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of NPT events, and for the preparation and submission of end of well reports.
• Provides technical support and gives work direction to less experienced engineers.
• Provides support to Drilling Superintendent and provides operational cover as required.
• Makes regular visits offshore to enhance onshore-offshore relationships and communications, participate in rig safety audits, promote and support Spirit Energy and contractor safety-related initiatives etc.
• Participates in the Wells’ duty rota and provides support to the Incident Management Team (IMT) in the event of a rig-related incident.
• You will be Delivery focused and have the correct HSE focus and behaviours. Have a positive attitude and behaviour, together with flexibility and well-developed communication skills.
• Sound commercial awareness: project financing and cost control principles
• Proven relationship-builder: internally and externally
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team
• Considerable experience in a well engineering and operations role, including jack-up and semi-submersible rig operations.
• Experience of risk management techniques and processes
• Fully certified by a recognized Well Control Authority e.g. IWCF, WELLCAP
• Offshore medical, survival and MIST certification
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.