Product Safety Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Product Safety Engineer
Based at our offices in Portsmouth, this role will provide an engineer who has the right behaviours, capability and experience to advance their career supporting the development of efficient yet effective safety arguments for technically complex products with the opportunity for long term career growth and development, working on unique and exciting projects across our extensive maritime portfolio.
Our approach to product safety is employing the latest thinking from across industry and academia and will lead to opportunities to support new, cutting edge work on the safety of future product designs. We are also influencing the evolution of applicable safety standards across the defence domain.
• Providing credible advice and guidance to project teams and our MOD customer on product safety issues
• Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle
• Preparing, maintaining and managing the implementation of project Safety Management Systems evolving them where necessary to ensure that product safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner
• Cultivating the safety argument for all products and services delivered by the project, employing all required facets of the product safety lifecycle in accordance with BAE Systems Product Safety Policy
• Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the Product(s) produced by, or resulting from the project (e.g. DSA02-DMR, Def Stan 00-056, BS-EN 61508, JSP520)
• Degree within an Engineering and or Safety discipline or equivalent qualification or experience
• Understanding of the principles of SFAIRP and ALARP
• Demonstrable experience of operating across the whole engineering lifecycle
• Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering engineering tasks
• Hold relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g. HASAW, DSA02-DMR, JSP520, Def Stan 00-056)
• Knowledge of the whole product safety lifecycle
• Demonstrable experience of recognised Safety Engineering techniques
• Professionally Registered at IEng or working towards it
• Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SSEMT) qualified
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.