- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
• Undertake (in conjunction with and or with the agreement of the appropriate Category Manager) category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans.
• Working with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across Operations & Maintenance categories
• Understand the E&P Operations & Maintenance category, (local Dutch) market and supply base. Provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
• Source and procure a range of goods and services across the Operations & Maintenance categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
• Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
• Provide an effective overview of supplier performance to contract and support operational teams, if performance issues arise.
• Be a constructive integral member of the wider Procurement team, actively supporting the development and delivery of the Procurement strategic plans and objectives
• Robust subject matter knowledge is key - you will ideally be degree educated or have appropriate relevant work experience
• Membership of CIPS (or equivalent) would be advantageous
• Clear understanding of Category Management principles
• Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance
• Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
• Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.