- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Our client is looking for a cost engineer to join a team in Newbury on a contract basis.
• Liaise with project team members to obtain and challenge cost related aspects of project
• Collate, monitor, analyse and report all cost related aspects for project
• Maintain a monthly forecast and EAC and understand any change from month to month
• Maintain project control structures (WBS/CBS) and monitor actual and forecast costs against budgets
• Maintain a close working relationship with the commercial manager to ensure that change control is factored into the project forecasts
• Work closely with the project planner to ensure integration of cost and planning
• Prepare data for and contribute directly into internal business and client reports
• Prepare and produce weekly actual labour reports for project manager
• Prepare monthly application for payment and collate supporting evidence of costs such as timesheets, supplier invoices and staff expense claims
• Maintain a close working relationship with the finance department and collate and submit accruals on a monthly basis
Degree Qualified or relevant proven experience within a cost role in the nuclear or similar industry
A good level of computing literacy
A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
Minimum 3 years relevant experience within a cost role in the nuclear industry or similar
Experience with ERP such as SAP, Oracle or similar
Sound knowledge of general project controls in a major projects environment
An awareness of NEC3 or similar type contracts
Strong communication skills
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.