Senior Procurement Manager
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- £60k - 70k per year + benefits
- Basic Salary: £60,000 to £70,000
- Flexible Working Hours
- Annual Bonus
- Excellent Benefits including healthcare & pension
- South West based
My client design, develop and manufacture a cutting-edge range of equipment for critical applications. They are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Procurement Manager to manage a small procurement team, who has experience working in a multi-discipline engineering environment coupled with previous experience as a Supply Chain Manager.
The Role: Senior Procurement Manager
The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing end-to-end supply chain relationships and managing the supply chain to ensure overall supplier reliability. This will include:
- Sourcing and selecting suppliers and vendors;
- Effectively manage your supplier base, ensuring strong partnerships are in place;
- Reviewing and managing the MRP system;
- Manage design change proposals and well as engineering changes;
- Manage day to day activities within the procurement department
The Candidate: Senior Procurement Manager
The successful candidate will consider themselves to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role such as Supply Chain Manager or Procurement Manager.
- Worked with an engineering or technical environment which could include mechanical, electronics or electrical products, and able to demonstrate technical knowledge of commodity management.
- Experience of managing supplier relationships, including negotiating and influencing.
- Strong leadership skills.
To be commutable to the office you could live in or near one of the following locations: Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Blandford Forum, Corfe Mullen, Ringwood
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels from Board level down to Graduates, Engineering and Design Leadership right through to graduate Engineering and Manufacturing roles, as well as Technical Sales & Sales Leadership.
This is a superb opportunity for any Supply Chain Manager or Procurement Manager looking to work for an innovative engineering company.
Required skills • Buyer • Procurement • Supplier Management • Relationship Building • Engineering • Technology