Principle Instrument Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Principle Instrument Engineer
Our client are currently recruiting a Principal Instrument Engineer on a contract basis reporting to the Instrumentation & Control Technical Authority based in Scotland. This role is initially for a 9 month period.
• Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance.
• Effective prioritisation of ops support/own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
• Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation; including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling.
• The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
• The ideal candidate shall be a highly motivated engineer with experience in project and operational support roles.
• General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
• Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
• Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
• Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
• Develop instrument databases
• Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
• Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
• Manage the preparation of design deliverables
• Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
• Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
• Interface with clients' engineering representatives
• Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
• Minimum 10 years of Oil and Gas industry experience
• Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
• Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
• Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
• Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
• Strong teamwork and communication skills.
• Self-starter who drives for results
• Fully conversant with relevant industry legislative requirements, standards, and guidance
• TUV Certified (Preferred)
• Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.