Deck Project Fabrication Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- 077464 - ADPFE01
Deck Project Fabrication Engineer
Lobito - Angola
We are currently recruiting for a Deck Project Fabrication Engineer in the Lobito - Angola area on a contract basis.
Description Of Function
• The Project Fabrication Engineer is responsible for all fabrication activities for the scope defined by the Project Manager, including testing stages and load-Out.
• He must ensure that fabrication is performed according to Contract requirements. He is the relay between project teams and fabrication personal on site.
• Organisation of fabrication activities to meet HSSE, quality, schedule and productivity requirements.
• Issue Fabrication procedures
• Ensuring that decisions and procedures related to HSSE are implemented by site. Participating to toolbox meetings. Acting as a leader regarding HSSE.
• Reviewing all drawings and specifications related to the scope of work.
• Issuing technical queries after review by Fabrication Package Manager.
• Monitoring Material delivery and prepare reception with material controller. Inform the Tomawac database.
• Preparation of all fabrication procedures. Ensuring correct dispatch to site.
• Preparation of fabrication schedule including procurement, engineering, construction, testing stages and load out. Definition of required resources with Fabrication Package Manager.
• Preparation of handover documentation, completion certificate and punch list in co-ordination with Yard QC department.
• Preform basic structural calculation to support fabrication activities.
• Preform basic lift plan for light lift to support fabrication activities.
• Understand electrical and instrumentation engineering documents (PFD, P&ID, instrumentation index, cables schedules, instrumentation panels datasheet, ect…) to follow fabrication and sub-contractors.
• Providing input to Fabrication Package Manager for project reporting.
• Providing input to planning engineer for progress monitoring and schedule updating.
• Providing inputs for risk assessment sessions.
• Providing input to method engineerfor heavy lift preparation
• Informing the Fabrication Package Manager about any change on drawing, specification or scope.
• Advising Fabrication Package Manager of any discrepacy between specification and standard yard procedure.
• Maintaining a high level of internal communication. Co-ordination of fabrication activities with relevant Departments, all involved supervisors and key personal.
• Co-ordination with method department for handling procedures and load-out.
• Co-ordination with Yard QC department for as-built dossier preparation
• Maintain good communication on site with Contractor, Company and Sonamet fabrication personnel.
• Co-ordination of subcontractors scope of work (NDT, paiting, E&I , FAT,…).
• Follow Up of interfaces for post-fabrication phases (transportatin, installation).
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
• Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
• Experience and knowledge in electrical and instrumentation discipline is a plus,
• Experience in fabrication/offshore activities is a plus
• Spoken languages: English as a minimum
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.