- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Contract - PAYE
Our client are currently recruiting an Instrument Engineer in the Aberdeen area on a contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Lead Instrument Engineer, the primary function of this position is the provision of Instrument & Systems Engineering technical support for CNOOC UK Operated Assets.
This position will be located in Aberdeen with regular offshore visits. Occasional travel within the UK and international locations.
The Instrument & Systems Engineer will work as part of a team of Instrument & Systems Engineers to deliver Engineering solutions and changes on UK operated assets. In addition they will be a subject matter expert across the business and provide technical support to operations on a regular basis. The Instrument & Systems Engineer will be responsible for delivering a number of work scopes for a wide variety of brownfield modifications. There will also be the requirement to interface with the EPC contractor and systems vendors on a regular basis to ensure compliance with CNOOC processes and procedures.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering or Applied Science, and professional registration with IET or similar.
• Minimum 10 years broad Instrument and Systems Engineering experience.
• Proven track record with Operator. EPC/design experience beneficial but not mandatory.
• Strong project development and execution skills.
• Strong understanding of value and business drivers.
• Originality and ingenuity required for devising practical economic solutions.
• Can lead technical change through all steps of innovation, development, risk management, implementation, training and sustainment. Experience in management of change processes and requirements.
• Requires leadership abilities to conceive program goals and directions, plan work efforts and establish and motivate an effective team.
• Experience in managing engineering contractors and service providers.
• Strong initiative and orientation towards continuous improvement.
• Highly effective relationship builder at all levels, internally and externally.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work in a flexible team environment and with changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and in a team by effectively handling cultural, political and economic differences.
• Able to identify risks and opportunities and readily takes accountability for providing optimized solutions.
• Responsible engineer for multidisciplinary Engineering scopes to provide effective technical support to CNOOC operated assets. Exercise authority to group of professionals engaged in complex technical issues.
• Ensure work processes and procedures are fit for purpose and implemented to ensure the team is consistently applying sound engineering principles and work is performed in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
• Review and evaluate recommendations and actions proposed by others. Instruct, guide and train less experienced professionals in development of innovative solutions.
• Works at advanced technical level, participates in planning by providing original approaches to practical and economical solutions.
• Provide technical advice and guidance on Engineering activities that affect more than one department or operated asset
• Plan, organize and carry out special, complex and advanced level studies upon request. Responsible for presenting project proposals, conclusions or recommendations to senior management.
• Take course of action necessary to expedite the successful completion of projects.
• Proactively manage relationships with colleagues and engineering contractors
• Experience of use of standards (e.g. IEC61511 and BS EN60079); instrument and general engineering specifications & datasheets; design calculation, e.g. I.S. calculations; control systems design requirements; understanding of engineering diagrams, e.g. P&ID's, loop diagrams, pneumatics hook ups, termination drawings
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.