Senior Operations Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Salary Competitive
SENIOR OPERATIONS ENGINEER
INITIAL 12 MONTH CONTRACT
PAYE ROLE ONLY
Reporting to the Operations Lead within the Operations & Maintenance Function, the Operations Engineer will provide functional operations support across the companies portfolio of capital & decommissioning projects and operated assets.
The role-holder's primary objective will be supporting capital & decommissioning projects.
Key accountabilities will be:
- Provision of functional operations support to the delivery and assurance of capital and decommissioning projects, across all project stage-gates;
- Supporting the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of operational readiness and commissioning/start-up standards and practices to ensure consistent best practice is deployed to all capital projects. This will cover technical, people, systems and procedural aspects;
- Supporting the development and execution of capital project commissioning / start-up strategies, across onshore, offshore, wells and subsea assets;
- Supporting the development and execution of decommissioning strategies, across onshore, offshore, wells and subsea assets;
- Interfacing with Regulatory Bodies such as OPRED and the HSE in the capacity of Duty Holder for 'Cessation of Production' assets. Ownership of the asset Safety Case during the decommissioning phase.
- Managing decommissioning interfaces between Operations, Facilities and Wells teams;
- Selection of preferred Operations and Maintenance service providers and personnel through to OIM level
- Supporting the companies goal to achieve an Incident Free Workplace through active leadership in this area.
- As a secondary objective, the role-holder will also provide support to operated assets. The key accountabilities in this area will be:
- Provide objective 'day-day' operations function support and coaching to the operated asset teams, across both onshore and offshore assets. This will cover all operational aspects of control of work, safe isolation / leak testing / reinstatement, start-up and (re)commissioning activity, operational risk assessment, management of change and technical queries;
- Support the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of operational standards and practices to ensure consistent best practice is deployed across all operated asset locations;
- Support the assurance and governance of operational practice across all operated asset locations via participation in or leadership of audits as per annual assurance programme;
- Support the development and delivery of the operations training & competency framework;
- Fulfil the role of Operations EA3 under Technical Authority & Engineering Authority standard and framework;
- Consider and if appropriate propose acceptance of asset requested deviations related to operational and operational readiness standards in line with EA3 delegation of authority;
- Lead and/or support HSE event investigations where objective operations input is required;
- Key member and contributor to an active cross asset Operations community, including regular presence on operated assets
The key competencies are:
- The Senior Operations Engineer will have extensive understanding of operations across offshore oil & gas assets. Ideally includes onshore asset understanding also but not essential;
- The Senior Operations Engineer will have extensive understanding of the capital project stage gate process and operations role within this for offshore / subsea developments;
- Good understanding of major accident hazard legislation and its implication for operational controls;
- Good understanding of Process Safety Management / Operating Integrity;
- Good communications skills at all levels within the organisation;
- Demonstrates positive challenge with an open collaborative style.
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer.
The key experience requirements are:
- Significant oil and gas operator experience at a senior operations level, ideally Operations Superintendent or Offshore Installation Manager;
- The Senior Operations Engineer will have experience of the capital project process from an operational perspective, particularly operational readiness and commissioning / start-up;
- Experience of the decommissioning project process from an operational perspective;
- The Senior Operations Engineer will ideally rig interface / combined operations experience.
UKCS and Netherlands Offshore training and certifications for asset visits.