SCM Category Analyst - Indirects - PAYE contrcat
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
Category Analyst – Indirects
Department Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Reporting To SCM Operations Lead
PAYE contract – Until December 2021
The Category Analyst position is based in Aberdeen and will be part of the Indirects Category Team, reporting to the SCM Operations Lead. The Category Analyst will be accountable for the effective management of third-party spend across related categories throughout the full category management lifecycle. This role will deliver category, contracting and supplier management strategies to optimise business value.
Accountable for the effective management of assigned categories throughout the full category management lifecycle.
• Play a facilitating and supporting role on cross-functional category teams focused on integrated value creation.
• Manage the 'end to end' sourcing process; Plan (business needs, market analysis, supplier qualification and contract strategy), Source (tender pack co-ordinaton, tender evaluation, negotiation and award) and Manage (contractor relationships and performance management) for assigned categories.
The Category Analyst will maximise supplier performance through robust performance scorecards, KPIs, and supplier relationship management to develop sustainable competitive advantages.
• Support the business with market intelligence and influence the development of company plans on the basis of this information.
The Category Analyst will review and amend category strategies to account for business and market changes.
• Develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies to address security of supply risks.
• Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
• Proactively participate and provide support to Environmental, Health, Safety, and Social responsibility initiatives.
The Category Analyst will manage and maintain SCM databases, such as SCIMITAR and Maximo.
• Contract administration including amendments, rate reviews, variations, milestone payments, completion/handover obligations, dispute resolution, P2P (Purchase Orders/Call Offs from approved requisitions, applying appropriate diligence in pricing and T&Cs)
The Category Analyst will collaborate with other Supply Chain members in order to maximise opportunities across the categories and assets.
• Build strong positive networks amongst internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaison and relationship building with internal stakeholders, developing category strategies, assistance in compiling procurement and contracting strategies and supporting all contract management activities
• Minimising Contractual Risk
• Optimising technical and commercial outcomes and promoting good SCM practice across the business
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
• To be determined commensurate with experience and contract portfolio
• Supporting the Technical Owners and Asset Managers in managing their cost and spend profiles.
• Timely placement of contracts and purchase orders as required meeting the objectives of the user stakeholders including schedule and budget.
• Prevent or otherwise resolve all third party claims as they arise.
Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties)
Direct reports (internal employees / external parties):
Indirect (internal employees / external parties):
Third Party Providers, Consultants, Asset/Functional Management, Technical Owners, HES, Finance, Legal and Insurance
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering
• Alternatively suitable industry experience
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
Skills / experience:
• Oil and Gas Operator and Service Company Experience preferably in the Indirects Category.
• Category management, including strategy development, sourcing and contracting.
• Supplier development, including supplier collaboration and continuous improvement.
• Strong analytical skills.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
• Knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in North Sea Oil and Gas industry.
• Microsoft Office - Excel, word and Powerpoint
• Use of systems such as Maximo and e-Procurement products.
Attributes and behaviours:
• Communicates openly, effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
• Maintains positive working relationships with partners. Works effectively within a team or work group as appropriate.
• Provides support and contributes to the performance of the business.
• Manages own workload and, where applicable, seeks support.
• Takes ownership of own performance and development.
• Persuades and influences peers and managers through consideration of their interests, involvement and consultation.
• Explores, develops and promotes alternative work methods to improve performance within team and business unit.