Security Personnel Manager
Highlands and Islands
- Job Type:
- Market related
- Execute a programme of internal/external personnel security inspections and checks to ensure security standards are being met in accordance with business and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders and regulators.
- Develop, maintain and deliver a personnel security vetting service.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on personnel security matters.
- Support investigations and ONR interventions as required.
- Approve all BPSS security applications and authorise all NSV requests.
- Participate in and support all site exercises.
- Develop and support measures to improve security culture.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post including Duty Security Advisor.
Desirable Attributes and Experience
- HNC in Science/Engineering/Business or equivalent qualification plus experience
- 3 years Nuclear Security experience
Knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Nuclear Industry Security Regulations
- Data Handling requirements
- Quality Management
- ONR Security Assessment Principles
- Root cause analysis
- Experience of security vetting in civil nuclear, or a comparable sector
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in developing and presenting training materials
- Self -motivated, assertive and willing to challenge
- Ability to work across a diverse stakeholder group in a constructive and collaborative manner