German Speaking Contracts Advisor
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
Contracts Advisor – German Speaking
Surrey (Initially remote working)
A Contracts Advisor is required to be based in the London office, who is fluent in both German and English, with experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts governed by German law.
- Report directly to the head of contract management.
- Liaise and negotiate with external customers, partners, suppliers, subcontractors.
- Perform contracts analysis and research as well as contracts review, qualification, drafting and negotiation.
- Day to day advice and support to internal clients in the areas of tendering activities, project execution and procurement.
- Liaise with other Company and Corporate support functions (Finance, Tax, Business Development, Estimating, Project Control, Insurance, Legal Affairs.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Support to business (tender preparation and negotiation, projects execution).
- Contribute to the success of commercial proposals with a distribution of risks and based on terms acceptable to the Company.
- Support the completion of projects within time and budget; contribute to the mitigation of risks and the maximisation of profits resulting from the execution of projects.
- The Contracts Advisor will be acting not only as functional expert but also and above all as trusted advisor and business partner across the Company.
- Ensure standard contracting rules are adequately applied to all contracts, both with customers and suppliers/subcontractors, always in consideration of the perceived level of risks that each of them involves.
- The Contracts Advisor will acquire a strong knowledge of the companies global organisation, services and assets.
Essential Skills for the Job
- Fluent in both German and English
- The Contracts Advisor will have experience and knowledge of German Law
- Understanding of LOGIC, FIDIC and incoterms
- The Contracts Advisor will have knowledge of the peculiar components of the Companies Offshore Renewable Business such as: EPC, T&I, EPCI contracts for: Offshore windfarms, Floating wind, hydro, decommissioning, along with traditional offshore energy ( pipelay/ topside installation etc) .
- Understanding and knowledge of the principles of both common and civil law systems, with particular focus in German and contract law. Capability to define differences and implications related thereto.
- The Contracts Advisor will have knowledge of legal principles, obligations, responsibility related to partnership agreements (Joint Ventures, Consortia, Heads of Agreement, Frame Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, etc.) where Company or any of its affiliates is involved
- Rigorous and vigilant in the contract preparation assuring that any negotiated modification is implemented and that all the documents forming the contract are correctly assembled.
- Full comprehension of all legal obligations and responsibilities arising out of the contracts entered into by Company, whether with clients or subcontractors and suppliers. Including any ancillary obligation related to bank or parent Company guarantees, performance and warranty bonds and legislation on public works.
- Think through situations from different perspectives and take the appropriate risks and decisions. Be aware and take costs/benefits and organizational implications into consideration.
- Lead and steer actions with full accountability and tenacity to ensure successful outcomes. Set goals and plan the actions needed to meet short and long term targets.
- Understand market dynamics and trends that affect the business. Be focused on the long term business strategy and consequently set priorities and actions.
- Be open to change and continuous improvement, and in fact drive these by energising people to the specific need for modifications to the way things are done.
- Collaborate with peers or teams of different functions and countries to achieve success collectively. Share useful information and build trust by listening to all stakeholders. Be interested in other individuals' perspectives and concerns
- Search for opportunities to increase and improve own knowhow and competencies. Encourage others to increase their know-how. Curiosity and an orientation for learning are implied.
Projects to be worked on
- Various Offshore Renewable Installation and decommissioning projects – Specific focus of those governed by German Law.