FEA Reeling Analysis Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Position: FEA Reeling Analyses Engineer
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Our client have a requirement for an FEA Reeling Analyses Engineer to work in their Pipeline Group on a fixed term contract basis in the clients London office.
Due to renewed client project activity our client is looking actively, seeking a Senior/Principal Engineer level with considerable experience with Non Linear Analyses problem solving in FEA, Contact FEA modelling or have FEA reeling Analyses experiences on Reel Lay Vessels. The Engineer should have a strong background on FEA, Solid modelling and Abaqus. The individual should have a strong programming background with Python on Abaqus, having knowledge on other FEA package, especially in ANSYS is an advantage.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities:
• Performs reeling analyses for the project on various vessels.
• Design pipe transition for reeling for two Pipe with different OD and/or Different Wall thickness.
• Perform Reeling analyses for Pipe in Pipe, defining Load for Centralisers, Reeling of Water Stop, Pipe Stretching analyses.
• Buckle Arrestor design which could be reel.
• Predict Straightener setting with FEA.
• Probabilities based analyses for Reeling.
• Provides support to offshore reeling operations.
• Participates actively to engineers training and development.
• Participates actively to the PG department know-how consolidation.
• Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
• Previous experience in a similar role, and similar type of work on FEA of reeling analyses.
• Previous experience working with Abaqus and Python is essential.
• Previous experience working with Excel and VBA is essential.
• Previous experience working with ANSYS and ANSYS APDL.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our Engineering consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any FEA Reeling Analyses Engineer looking to work for a reputable engineering organisation.