Construction EHS Advisor
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Position: Construction EHS Advisor
Location: London (Will Require Domestic and Foreign Travel)
Our client has a requirement for a Construction EHS Advisor who has an experienced background working within the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry, who will be required to work on a contract basis in London. This requirement will require domestic and foreign travel.
The individual will be ensuring the safety and operational risk agenda of each onshore and offshore work site is delivered and assuring the operation takes place within the Standards and Practices requirements. Directly reports to the Developments Manager, with functional Reporting to the Group/Country EHS Manager to provide EHS support to the project SURF Teams in London and to oversee, review and assess all construction and installation activities and issues associated with the infrastructure delivery and installation.
• Lead, participate and engage in HAZID & HIRA’s.
• Lead, participate and engage in layout and interface reviews.
• Lead and engage with the development of risk assessments.
• Review and assess construction and installation plans from the contractors and advise and influence contractors where there may be gaps to comply with the clients requirements.
• Engage and participate in Installation readiness and SIMOPS workshops.
• Produce and review EHS & Project Documentation for GEM Work scopes.
• EHS integration with onshore scope / local authorities.
• Develop and implement Emergency Response Protocols for Project operations both Onshore & Offshore including Emergency Response plans.
• EHS support to readiness processes (vessel mobilisation).
• Lead/engage in incident investigations.
• Develop EHS/emergency response bridging/interface documents as required.
• Progress close out of relevant Verification Comment Report Sheets (CRS) raised by the IVB for clarification or further information.
• Review and assess applicable IVB Verification Activity Reports (VAR) where a non-compliance has been identified.
• Intervene and agree remedial action/resolution between Company, IVB and Contractor where appropriate.
• Attend weekly progress meetings between Company and IVB.
• Provide weekly progress updates to the EHS Manager.
• Support & Coaching & Mentoring of in-country EHS Personnel.
• Attend Project Integrated meetings as requested.
• Manage the Company Provided Items tracking Process for all equipment handed to contractors.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
• Experience of working in Offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
• Experience of working with an Offshore Oil and Gas Operator.
• Knowledge and application of EHS Standards and codes.
• Strong personal commitment to Health, Safety & Environmental Performance.
• Good communication skills with the ability to work effectively with client and contractor personnel.
• Ability to work proactively & independently.
• High personal integrity.
• Flexible approach and able to work under pressure.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• Committed to high EHS standards.
• Good communicator with open and constructive styles.
• Able to lead and influence EHS at all levels.
• Able to Coach, Mentor and assist Personnel development.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for EHS Advisor looking for new employment.