- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- Market related
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for a Bid Manager to be based in Bristol office on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who are working on industry leading projects across multiple sectors.
As Bid Manager you will Ensuring that the bid is run in accordance with the companies bid best practice and the bid process, and in compliance with the Service Delivery Process.
Be an owner of the bid plan and has overall responsibility for producing a compelling proposal, on time and within an agreed bid budget. This includes.
- Identifying the resources required to undertake bid preparation and delivery activities; highlighting any resource, skill or capability gaps.
- Defining and agreeing a bid budget and schedule baseline (with the Bid Director) and controlling the bid budget and schedule against these agreed baselines.
- Planning, organising and scheduling activities in accordance with bid best practice, including the scheduling of applicable review activities and the allocation of appropriately qualified reviewers.
- Ensuring all necessary information, guidelines and supporting documentation is available to successfully undertake commercial and quality review activities.
- Planning, organising and scheduling activities necessary to comply with the Service Delivery Process, including the attendance of appropriately authorised approvers.
- Ensuring all necessary information and documentation is available to successfully undertake Service Delivery Process Stage Gate Reviews and gaining the requisite approvals.
My client is interested in speaking with candidates who fit the following criteria:
- Experience of successfully delivering bids, from early inception and client information capture, through PQQ and ITT stage, onto client interviews, feedback and lessons learnt.
- Experience of structured bid processes, for example the Shipley bid process, and using these to produce high quality bid submissions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels and in all forums from one-to-ones to group workshops and facilitation.
- Ability to maximise the use of tools such as Office365, MS Project, CRM and industry recognised sales techniques such as Miller Heiman and Huthwaites.
- Experience liaising with external and internal contacts at a range of levels.
- Commercial awareness / understanding.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.