Assistant Project Manager
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Assistant Project Manager
Our Client has a requirement for an Assistant Project Manager, who will be required to work on a contract basis, in Plymouth.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Facilitate, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Develops tasking orders to secure the provision of internal and external resources and manages their delivery.
- Develop, monitor and control schedules for packages of work and small projects
- Controlling project costs such that the project outputs are provided within the agreed budget.
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project reporting data on Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported.
- Identify and schedule resource on Gantt charts and ERP systems.
- Forecast costs and monitor and report against budget.
- Maintain project cost and time estimates and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline to ensure they are accurate.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management.
- Manage under supervision the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- A degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
- Ideally APM qualified preferably to Registered Project Professional (RPP).
- Experience of working with Nuclear Services.
- Experience a minimum of five years in a Project Management position.
- Must have Nuclear or marine experience.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Assistant Project Manager’s looking for new employment.