- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Our Client has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer, who will be required to work on a Contract basis, in Plymouth.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities are:
- Develop, lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Client’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
The Individual is authorised to:
- Request the necessary support from the Principal Engineer within the constraints of budget and in accordance with the project strategy.
- Liaise with the Design Manager to prioritise assigned projects/work packages.
- Develop & implement the Engineering Management Plan and ensure appropriate direction to ensure the delivery of technical requirements.
- Audit defined processes and activities within the Engineering Management Plan to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Sanction actions that support the development and implementation of the Engineering Management Plan.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Must have nuclear or marine experience.
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings.
- Knowledge of building services design and installation.
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications.
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Mechanical Engineer’s looking for new employment.