- Job Type:
- Market related
Construction or Engineering background preferred
Location - Salford and remote working
Our Client in the Water industry is looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Buyer for the Salford region. This role is hybrid, spending some time in the office and homeworking available you will be looking after the negotiation and placing of material/sub-contract orders against operational requisitions including the collation of all contractual documentation, logging and maintenance of orders. Administration of sub-contractor details including pre-qualification questionnaires, performance data and input of information to the database.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- To minimise the cost of materials and plant supplied to the business
- To improve service level agreements with suppliers and internal departments.
- To participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance.
- To comply with company procedures and policy on procurement including participation in Audits (Internal/External).
- Tenders – Assist Procurement Manager in preparation of enquiry documents and tender review sheets.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations (RFQ)
- Assist with the development and implementation of standard subcontract documentation, including tender and/or contract enquiry letters, scope, subcontract templates, pre-award meeting agendas etc.
- Implementation of procedures and supply agreements.
- Ensure adherence to Framework agreements are upheld.
- Negotiation with suppliers.
- Progressing the provision of materials and services to meet contract programmes and deadlines.
- Obtaining quotations for materials and plant to tight deadlines to meet tender return dates.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders with correct terms and conditions and optimum commercial terms.
- Participation in Category Agreement Teams.
- Collation of data to regularly report on individual and department KPIs.
- Assist to resolve any queries raised by the Supply Chain, including invoice queries
- Degree level education, or qualified by experience.
- Ideally, membership of professional body (RICS, CIPS), or working towards.
- Significant experience of procurement in the construction industry.
- Sound working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC, JCT, CECA (ICE).
- Knowledge of the forms of sub-contract for the building, civils and utilities sectors.
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Competent in the use of 0365 software specifically MS Excel, and Multiple Purchasing systems.