East of England
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
12 Month Fixed Term Contact
Our Client has a requirement for an Environmental Advisor, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis. This role will be based in Great Yarmouth and will be hybrid working.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Providing Environmental Advice, Guidance and Support to EPS New Energy Projects.
- Onshore energy projects.
- Offshore energy projects.
- Support to Group Divisions New Energy projects.
- Provide UK based environmental advice to our client’s international projects.
- Provide advice as required to engineering and operations teams.
- Liaise with regulatory inspectors and maintain Permits, licences, authorisations, and notifications for operated assets and ISC contract requirements.
- BEIS Portal Management.
- Reviewing and approving performance monitoring reports.
- OPEP review and submission.
- Co-ordinate our client’s data requirements.
- Greenhouse gas emissions data.
- Environmental Public Statement.
- Environmental Monthly report.
- Environmental Management System.
- Participate in environmental planning and setting / completion of environmental objectives and targets.
- Review environmental standards, procedures and practices and promote improvements.
- Carry out internal ISO 14001 Audits.
- Carry out project EMS and legal compliance Audits.
- Participate in ISO 14001 Surveillance and recertification visits.
- Identification of and management of significant environmental impacts / risk to ALARP.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Provide environmental awareness material as required for projects.
- Review and investigate environmental incidents and near misses to determine root causes and effective remedial action.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Formal qualification in environmentally related discipline essential.
- Diploma or equivalent degree-level qualification desirable.
- IEMA Membership preferred.
- Current BOSIET and MIST.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team skills.
- Good working knowledge of UK environmental legislation.
- Demonstrating compliance with relevant legislation through audit and assurance.
- Demonstrable achievement in drafting and implementing environmental improvement objectives and plans.
- Experience in regulatory liaison and hosting inspections from regulatory agencies, for example HSE and BEIS.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Environmental Advisor’s looking for new employment.