Senior Structural Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
- What does the role i
Our client, a leading international oil & gas contractor, have a requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer to be based at their office in Aberdeen. Remote working 2 days per week. Candidates must have full UK right to work.
As part of the Offshore Resources Team you will be responsible for the delivery of engineering solutions to diverse structural and mechanical projects including ROV launch systems, back deck equipment for ships and offshore mechanical handling systems.
What does the role involve?
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of structural engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include preparation and checking of design reports, engineering support to Drawing Office designers, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions
- Provide in-place design, transportation and lifting analysis and sea fastening design using various software packages
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards and design guidelines, client specifications and scopes of work
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, equipment specifications etc
- Production of specifications, data sheets and MTOs
- Support package engineering and management on large structural material procurement packages
- Undertake structural analysis utilising STAAD Pro, FS2000 and ANSYS or similar software
- Coordinate structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule
- Liaise with associated related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide specialist structural engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development
- Supervision of and mentoring of junior engineers as required
- Any other duties as directed by the Naval Architecture and Structural Technical Authority
What do you need to have?
- Educated to a preferred degree level in Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture but experience may be considered
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- Engineering experience in the design of structures including within the Marine and / or Oil and Gas industry
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, STAAD Pro / FS2000 / ANSYS or similar software
- Awareness of marine classification and local legislation
- Ability to prioritise and organise work
- Identifies industry codes, standards and design guidelines
- Ability to support package engineering and management