Senior Subsea Welding Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
- Market related
SENIOR SUBSEA WELDING ENGINEER
INITIAL 12 MONTH CONTRACT
BASINGSTOKE/ HYBRID WORKING – 12 DAYS PER MONTH WORKING FROM HOME
A Senior Subsea Welding Engineer is required to work on an initial 12 month contract basis based in Basingstoke that will allow 12 days per month working from home which you can use as you wish
Description of role:
The Senior Subsea Welding Engineer will be part of the materials team and responsible for supporting an expansion in new subsea Projects. The Senior Subsea Welding Engineer will be supporting review and monitoring of currently ongoing EPC projects for Subsea, Umbilicals, Riser & Flowlines (SURF) developments.
The candidates responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- development of engineering documents for manufacturing and fabrication, including welding and NDT
- deep knowledge of subsea materials as wellhead, tree, subsea structures, etc.. including clad, lined or weld overlay solutions
- ITT preparation for material supplies & installation contracts
- tender evaluation of bids and alignment
- Follow-up of suppliers, contractors and installators, including but not limited to document review and approval, qualification supervisions, troubleshooting, etc.
- analysis and resolution of manufacturing and fabrication anomalies, non-conformance, etc.
- The Senior Subsea Welding Engineer must be highly experienced in subsea design and conversant with the main subsea materials and the relevant requirements including manufacturing and fabrication.
- Knowledge in the areas of metallurgy, corrosion, welding, coating and cathodic protection are important for this position, as are familiarity with design approaches and installation / construction methods.
- The Senior Subsea Welding Engineer will have significant previous project experiences in Feasibility / Basic / FEED or detail engineering projects for subsea, preferably as engineering discipline Lead.
- Degree / Masters of Mechanical or Materials Engineering. Member of a relevant Institution, preferably Chartered Eng.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) certification.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Senior Subsea Welding Engineer looking for new employment.