Senior EC&I Engineer
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior EC&I Engineer
Harwell - Hybrid
Join an industry-leading organization at the forefront of nuclear energy technology. Our company is committed to advancing nuclear power solutions that are safe, sustainable, and environmentally responsible. My client are seeking a talented and dedicated EC&I Engineer to join their dynamic team in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and play a crucial role in shaping the future of clean energy.
Position Overview: Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures. Supervision of less experienced engineering employees, engineering resource management and interviews.
- Reporting to Principal Engineers with ultimate line management responsibilities being with the Chief Engineer within your discipline
- Reports to Principal Engineer, Team Leader or Department Manager
- Normally supervises a design or project team of up to 5 engineering staff, although the team may be supplemented by staff from elsewhere.
- Responsible for the allocation of work and managing quality, progress and cost of the work carried out within the project
- Responsible for managing project subcontracts
- Regularly interacts with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines
- Responsible for communications within project team on your allotment of the project
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline or demonstrable experience
- A full UK driver’s licence
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status (where applicable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Nuclear industry
- Demonstrable competence in a design/delivery position within a project based environment
- Understanding of design requirements to support nuclear safety cases
- Significant experience in two or more of the following specific EC&I areas:
- Mechanical Handling (including Remote in-cell handling)
- Process Instrumentation
- Functional Safety (to BS EN 61508/BS EN 61511)
- Machinery Safety (including BS EN 60204 and BS EN 13849)
- LV Distribution Systems (including experience in Trimble Pro-design)
- Experience of managing sub-contracts
- Knowledge of safety regulations including CDM
- Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations
- Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment
- Organisation & Collaborations skills
- Demonstrable expertise in working to tight deadlines
- Quality & service driven attitude
- High level of commercial awareness
- Experience of leading design teams
- Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred. Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. IET
- EC&I design integration with control systems (PLC/SCADA) would be advantageous.
- Experience of Design Substantiation to support safety cases including assessment of new and existing systems.
- Additional experience obtained within the Defence sector would be advantageous.
- Experience of bid preparation