- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
• Would you like to work for one of the world’s largest and innovative defence companies? We currently have a vacancy for a Software Engineer at our site in Rochester.
• As a Software Engineer, you will be working as part of a team of highly experienced, passionate and innovative engineers creating world-leading, safety critical airborne control systems.
• This role will provide you with a rare chance to work on and develop a series of projects and products that will be utilised on board our military aircraft. Such systems as, Head up displays, Helmet mounted displays, Flight control systems, Active inceptors and Mission computers.
Main Responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
• Generating requirements from customers and being able to successfully manage and deliver customer requirements
• Developing software architecture
• Designing, implementing and integrating this technology
Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a Scientific/Engineering (electronics-engineering, software-engineering, physics, maths) environment that has included significant programming experience
• Excellent Software Engineering skills, with significant experience in C/C++
• Practical experience of developing embedded software (e.g. for embedded Linux platforms)
• Experience of interfacing software with hardware
• Experience in UML for software design and a familiarity with software modelling tools (e.g. Simulink or Scade)
• Awareness of scripting languages such as MATLAB, Python or Bash
• Knowledge of Scrum / Agile development
• Working knowledge of Git/Subversion or other configuration management
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking, experience of socket programming
• Experience of Linux and Windows application development, with an awareness of software verification
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.