- Job Type:
• We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide forensic consulting services requiring electrical engineering expertise for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. In this position, you will be assessing and determining the cause and origin of electrical failures and damage to electrical and electronic equipment, which may include fires and explosions.
• Oral and written reports of findings will be provided and may be submitted as expert evidence.
• You may also be responsible for project management and technical oversight of multiple projects.
• In addition, you will evaluate and review design and field installations; ensuring work quality and adherence to specifications.
• In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package-including a flexible work schedule, extensive training, opportunities for advancement and comprehensive medical, life, and disability cover.
• Perform consulting assignments within the field of electrical engineering based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the engineer and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
• Perform forensic investigations, studying and determining the cause and origin of electrical defects and/or damage.
• Determine the origin and cause of fires involving a myriad of incidents, including electronic and electrical equipment.
• Produce written forensic reports of findings detailing the cause and origin of electrical defects and/or damage in accordance with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR 35).
• Manage multiple projects, working in conjunction with other team members to produce client reports in timely manner.
• Flexibility in approach to ensure thorough Root Cause Analyses is carried out.
• Use electrical and equipment testing applications, drafting and design software.
• Adherence to regulations and compliance with electrical code regulations and standards.
• Willingness to learn new skills and adapt in a dynamic consulting environment.
• Assists with junior-level engineer mentoring/integration program.
• Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
• Electrical Engineering degree required
• 10+ years' professional experience,
• Forensic and fire experience would be an advantage
• Registered as a Chartered Engineer
• IFE qualifications preferred
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.