Senior Safety Case Engineer
- Job Type:
Senior Safety Case Author
• We are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Case Author with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
• Working within our team, you will form a key part of our dynamic safety services community supporting a wide range of exciting projects and clients across the nuclear industry, in new build, in generating reactors and also with possibilities to support decommissioning, defence and on fusion reactor work.
• A sound technical background with a minimum of a 2:1 in a suitable scientific or engineering degree and between 5 and 15 years' demonstrable experience.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
• Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Ability to work in or lead a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Act with integrity and possess a conscientious approach.
• Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities.
• Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems.
• Available to work full-time in Barnwood, Gloucester with the possibility of short or medium term secondments to customer offices.
• Already has AV2 status (or equivalent) or capable of achieving this.
• Experience of production of safety cases within either the nuclear industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as petrochemical or rail (preferable).
• Experience of working in an environment where safety is a priority, for example the nuclear power industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as aviation, petrochemical or rail.
• Awareness and strong understanding of the purpose of Safety Cases in the Nuclear industry and willing to learn more.
• Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
• Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.