Senior HSE Advisor
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Senior EHS Advisor
Initial 12 Month Contract
Key Objectives/ Responsibilities:
• Project manage and co-ordinate ESIA’s
• Manage specialist SSEA studies, including security, environmental, emergency response, safety and social performance projects
• Provide support to stakeholder identification and engagement processes, particularly in support of license applications and conditions such as ESIA and ESMP processes
• Assist the New Ventures Operations Managers with coordination of operational SSEA aspects of office and field sites, including stakeholder mapping, commitment registers, grievance mechanisms, risk assessments, approvals, inspections, audits, drills, training and workforce safety awareness.
• Liaise with regulators and other key external stakeholders.
• Compile and report required monthly and/or quarterly operational SSEA statistics.
• Provide support to incident investigations and reporting in EMEX as required.
• Develop and implement SS&EA assurance activities for assessing compliance with company Standards for sites and countries of operation.
• Co-ordinate tracking and close out of EHS corrective and improvement actions in area of operations.
• Support development and implementation of appropriate emergency response plans including facilities, equipment, personnel and training.
• EHS review of ITTs within the Contracts & Procurement processes
• Act as EHS Advisor for NV exploration projects as allocated
• Provide direct supervision and/or assurance of sub-contractors and field based exploration activities when required.
• Delegated, but managing SSEA projects within allocated budgets, e.g ESIAs
• Degree qualification or equivalent in Safety/Environmental Sciences, Social Science, Engineering or other related field
• NEBOSH Diploma or similar
• Proven working EHS experience in the oil and gas industry.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Proven experience of supporting operational oil and gas activities in remote operations.
• Knowledge of identification & control measures of operational EHS risks/hazards in operational sites.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of operational EHS plans in accordance with recognised international standards.
• Applied knowledge of industry practice and standards relating to EHS and Social Performance including: HAZID, Risk Assessments, Safe Working Practices, ESIA & ESMPs, Stakeholder mapping, and grievance mechanisms.
• Able to provide direct EHS supervision and safety coaching to operational activities including direct staff and contractors in office and field locations.
• Motivates and influences others in the delivery of good EHS performance.
• Ability to proactively identify risks and recommend mitigation measures for health, safety, social and environmental matters.
• Able to work in a multi-disciplinary and internationally diverse team.
• Positive and enthusiastic
• High personal integrity
• Team player
• Flexible in approach and able to work under pressure
• Cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people
• Builds a network of relationships to influence change
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
• Committed to high EHS standards
• Demonstrates a determined and independent approach to EHS performance delivery and displays resilience in the face of obstacles
• Motivated self-starter with a passion for EHS and EA
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels, Graduates/ Trainees, Designers, Engineers right through to area lead / technical authority through to Department Group Manager roles.
This is a superb opportunity for a Senior EHS Advisor with experience relating to the environment to take their next step in their career!