- Job Type:
Purpose of the Role as a Production Planner:
• The post holder will be required to oversee all aspects of the production process, primarily planning production in this high throughput business, and liaising with manufacturing to ensure production targets are consistently met, whilst maintaining quality and operational excellence.
Key Responsibilities as a Production Planner:
• Manage and control the production scheduling, producing plans on a weekly basis.
• Manage customer lead times to ensure orders are scheduled and delivered on time.
• Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
• Review manufacturing processes and suggest possible improvements
• Responsible for scheduling planned maintenance downtime for all machines.
• Deliver on-going cost effective solutions.
• Run daily production meetings with all relevant departments.
• Assist in production and planning SOP management/development.
• Oversee stock and demand replenishment.
• Assist in the on-going development of the production software.
Required Skills as a Production Planner:
• Proven track record in planning within a manufacturing facility.
• Management of a high throughput and multi SKU production plans and processes.
• Must have considerable experience in production planning.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Good at problem solving.
• Competent with MS office suite.
• Proactive approach in the work environment.
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing sector.
• Understanding of industry regulations, including all EH&S.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.