- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
We are currently recruiting a Training Manager in Chad on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will need to provide sufficient experience of Training Nationals/ Locals within onshore based positions. The role will become an ongoing contract and the candidate will provide a commercial mind-set along with experience on the actual Oil field performing training. The Training Manager will further provide an understanding of HSE and maintenance for this position.
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, the Training Manager will work closely with all PCM department managers to plan and facilitate required training in line with company approved training plans.
The Training Manager will interface closely with all PCM department managers, the Maintenance, Integrity and Sustainability Manager and the London and Chad based Human Resources teams.
• Collaborate with PCM department managers to identify training needs and develop training plans for all departments.
• Develop strong and effective working relationships with key departmental stakeholders.
• Work closely with all departments, both London and Chad based to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the training strategy across the organization.
• Effectively communicate training plans on a weekly basis to ensure attendance is in line with the approved departmental training plans.
• The Training Manager will track progress on all internal and external training completed and report on progress to various levels of PCM Management.
• Ensure that the tracking of internal and external training is in line with external reporting requirements.
• Provide feedback to department managers on employee training progress in line with corporate nationalisation plans.
• The Training Manager will deliver or assist with the delivery of company approved training courses in line with approved training plans and employee personal development plans.
• Develop training courses/manuals as required in line with corporate requirements.
• Organize third party training manuals/materials to ensure effective utilization.
• Development specific agendas for planned third party training.
• Coordinate with third party training providers to provide remote or onsite training in an efficient and cost effective manner. The training manager is the primary point of contact for all third party training providers and will ensure effective use of all trainers time while in country.
• The Training Manager will ensure all third party training providers are competent, qualified and approved for use by PCM.
• Ensure all planned training is delivered in an effective and efficient manner, in line with training plans and corporate objectives.
• Working closely with department managers to develop the yearly training budget; track and report on all training related expenditures on a regular basis will be a responsibility for the Training Manager.
• Custodian of the Competency Assessment and Assurance Program
Experience and/or educational requirements:
• Degree qualified or relevant field experience.
• Minimum 15 years industry experience with at least 5 years in a training/mentoring role
• Previous experience in the development and successful execution of training and nationalisation plans will be a factor of the Training manager
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.