- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Mechanical Engineer / Technical Authority
Initial 12 Month contract
• Act as the discipline lead, and technical authority, for Mechanical Engineering (Rotating & Static) for the UK Business Unit.
1. Maintain an overview of the safe and correct operation of system(s) including review and approval of technical content of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Operations and Maintenance Manuals, training courses and competency assessment materials.
2. Technical input and discipline review / approval of any change that could impact SECE or Performance Standard, including approval of major equipment / systems selection, and sparing. Technical endorsement of modification / design proposals by third party engineering contractors.
3. Provide lead discipline incident investigation & technical support ensuring any related incidents are reported, classified, investigated and all associated lessons learned are captured and implementation tracked to conclusion to prevent re-occurrence.
4. Responsible for risk assessment & technical analysis/studies in support of the mechanical engineering discipline. Including acting as the informed customer for identification and co-ordination of specialist technical support/work packages (quality, cost & schedule) if required by external parties.
5. Accountability for the following systems, with corresponding interfaces to other technical disciplines:
• Rotating Equipment;
o Gas turbines of all types
o Reciprocating equipment
o Centrifugal pumps and compressors
o Diesel Generators
o Air Compression
• Static Equipment/Lifting Equipment;
o Heat Exchangers
o Filtration Systems
o Cranes, hoists & rigging equipment/lofts
o Fixed and Portable Lifting Appliances
o Column lift
o Manual Valves & PSVs
o Supporting safety & utility systems;
o HVAC and Refrigeration Systems
6. Act as main focal point for OAG Mechanical queries from the Regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant technical engineering discipline.
• Preferred Chartered Engineer status.
• Qualified to travel offshore in UKCS.
• BOSIET / FOET and current Offshore Medical Certificate
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
Skills / Experience:
• Experience in operating within a safety case regime within the Oil & Gas industry.
• Experience with oil & gas operations (topsides & subsea) and associated equipment and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point.
• Experience with technical engineering methods and supporting studies within discipline area, e.g. Turbines/Compressors/Pumps & Cranes/static lifting equipment.
• Should be conversant with Brownfield installation modification process(s) in North Sea.
• Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes.
• Recognised technical codes and engineering standards within mechanical engineering discipline, e.g.: ISO 13709, API 610 & 670 etc.
Additional Role Requirements:
• Available to travel offshore if required
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.