Senior Structural Engineer
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Senior Structural Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting a Senior Structural Engineer in Aberdeen on a contract basis, within the Central Engineering Department at the Westhill office. Operating in a technical, challenging and diverse environment the role will involve working with various diverse engineering projects.
The role will be responsible for supporting the execution of structural design scopes within tenders and live projects currently in execution. You will be an expert in the field of structural engineering and analysis of offshore and steel structures.
• Extensive experience in the structural engineering and analysis of offshore and steel structures
• Significant proven experience in sea fastening and lift rigging design
• Chartered or approaching Chartered Engineer status
• Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of offshore and structural engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
• Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include preparation and checking of design reports, engineering support to Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third party submissions.
• Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards and design guidelines, client specifications and scopes of work
• Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, equipment specifications etc.
• Provide stress analysis for various structures, utilizing STAAD Pro, and FS2000 or similar software
• Provide specialist structural engineering assistance during occasional periods of site working
• Provide effective solutions for ad-hoc temporary works and scopes on vessels and platforms
• Professional qualifications - Degree qualified or above
• Structural experience in a similar role is essential.
• Experience of production and checking of design documentation is essential.
• Identifies industry codes, standards and design guidelines.
• Deliver stress analysis work on project
• Provide structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects, Business Acquisition and FEED study execution
• Knowledge/use of STAAD Pro, FS2000 or similar software
• Membership to a relevant Professional body
• Engineering experience within the clients sector
• Familiarity with recognised industry engineering software
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.