MIP Senior Planning Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
MIP Senior Planning Engineer
Our Client has a requirement for an MIP Senior Planning Engineer, who will be required to work on a Contract basis, in Plymouth.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities are:
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS).
- Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3).
- Ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the companies financial and material demand toolset. This includes alignment of any Level 4/5 schedules.
- Regular status updates of the integrated schedule and the provision of metrics (e.g. critical path/total float) and schedule analysis of the impact to the project.
- Resource/cost loaded schedules to inform the IBP and also to provide financial status of the project.
- Proficient in the process for developing, baselining and monitoring of an integrated schedule to inform the direction of the project.
- Proficient in the process of identifying and scheduling the resources (people/facilities/materials etc.) required to implement the programme.
- Competent in gathering independent evidence that the information from projects and/or programmes is valid and are likely to achieve their aims.
- Proficient in the appropriate adoption of specific frameworks and methodologies for the management of integrated schedules and tailoring of these.
- Competent in the systemic identification and analysis of stakeholders, and the planning and conduct of interactions to engage and communicate with them.
- Experienced in the organisational and project specific processes, standards and guidelines for the governance of projects, including the process of initiation, review, handover and close out.
- Supports team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Solves more complex problems which may affect others.
- Maintains commitment to deliver results, against their own and teams responsibilities, even when difficulties arise.
- Regularly review work processes and practices to identify and implement improvements.
- Supports and guides others to adapt to change.
- Demonstrates commitment to team & shared goals by co-operating with others.
- Undertakes development of own skills to ensure that they can achieve role demands.
- Supports the delivery of the teams’ objectives.
- Experience working within the Engineering Industry.
- Knowledge/understanding of Dockside Services / Facilities.
- Proficient in the application of Project Management Tools and how they are utilised throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Will need to be experienced in the use of Primavera planning software to produce resourced / costed programmes and also have experience of Design, Procurement & Construction/Commissioning Planning (i.e. full project lifecycle).
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for MIP Senior Planning Engineer’s looking for new employment.