- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
• As a member of the our clients UK Health, Safety & Environment Team, you will support the implementation of Group Health, Safety and Environment strategy at site level, ensuring legal compliance and Group standards are achieved and maintained.
• Key to the role will involve working closely with the site Senior Leadership Team, members of Group health safety and environment as well as external agencies, to meet the requirements of any license / permit in operation.
• Key deliverables will include continual improvements, through delivering Group / Site objectives and KPIs, driving cultural behaviour change of everyone on site
• This position has a responsibility towards due diligence and corporate responsibility, and will require good communication and influencing skills, with all levels of staff on site.
• To diligently lead and be accountable for the delivery of health, safety & environmental (HS&E) strategy at site level. Lead the identification and appropriate mitigation of risks at site.
• To support, influence and encourage the site Senior Leadership Team to deliver a consistent, continuously improving and sustainable HS&E programme on site.
• Working closely with the Group HS&E teams to implement effective management systems and standards for health, safety and environment, which reduce the risk of safety and environmental failings.
• Lead the cultural / behavioural health and safety step change programme on site, by working closely with managers and employees, providing appropriate training to support.
• Ensuring the site is capable of delivering its annual health, safety and environmental objectives to achieve continual improvement.
• Auditing local compliance with company standards and identifying corrective action programs to improve.
• Co-ordinate the investigation of any accidents or incidents effecting people / property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as a senior Accident Investigator. Drive improvement programme following any incidents.
• To implement the Company Aerospace Health, Safety and Environment Standards at site level.
• To ensure compliance to all legal and Group standards, reviewing and reporting performance.
• To develop a positive HSE culture on site, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge.
• To lead and support the site H&S Committee.
• To develop site programmes to drive KPI improvements, through annual objectives / projects and effective reporting tools.
• To manage site audits and enforcement authority visits, to ensure successful compliance and close out of corrective actions.
• Lead and develop HS&E competence at all levels and in all departments, e.g. through Safety & Environment Champions.
• To develop and manage locally documented HS&E management systems and audits.
• Responsible for site HS&E budgetary control.
• To manage the local site security guards provision.
• To identify and spread good practice across the site, to ensure a consistent approach is achieved.
• To ensure all staff receive appropriate training in health, safety and environment.
• To lead / support any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate.
• To be aware of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
• To maintain a high level of personal competence through internal and external sources.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• A good academic standard of education (Ideally 5 GCSE's) or previous experience gained in a similar or related manufacturing environment
• Management system knowledge of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
• Knowledge of up to date tools and techniques required to deliver behavioural and cultural change, in order to reduce the risk of injuries, ill-health, property damage or pollution.
• Good budgetary planning, analysis and control
• Excellent computer literate with MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects etc.)
• NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate and IEMA Environmental qualification or equivalent.
• Experience in a manufacturing business, including in people management and cultural change programmes.
• Experience of IPC/EP permitting and reporting where relevant.
• Experience of managing external relationships with enforcement agencies g. HSE, EHO, Fire and EA etc.
• NEBOSH Health & Safety Diploma
• Experience working within Aerospace industry.
• IOSH Membership, to ensure continuing professional development.
Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• A team player with experience at management level, able to communicate with and influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
• Able to work in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
• Demonstrates good coaching, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to motivate others to deliver results.
• Able to work on own initiative
• Safety & Environment Internal Auditor trained
• Willingness and ability to work flexibility across all areas of Operations
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.