Senior / Principal Systems Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
Senior/Principal Systems Engineer
• You will perform this challenging and varied role and as part of a team of systems engineers and will be involved in the specification, design, verification and certification of advanced landing gear systems or elements thereof.
• You'll undertake requirement generation and validation, design system architectures and take part in verification activities, including supporting simulation and testing, and will also manage build-to-specification suppliers for electrical landing gear equipment working with suppliers' engineering in order to ensure that the developed design is well defined, justified, substantiated, configuration controlled, validated and developed on schedule.
• The key thing we are looking for is someone who is (ideally) degree qualified in an engineering discipline or, qualified by relevant experience.
• With proven experience of aircraft systems development, you have a sound knowledge of systems engineering theory.
• You are familiar with ARP4754, and if you also know ARP4761, that's even better!
• Whilst experience of landing gear would obviously be beneficial, this is not a necessity as long as you are able to demonstrate broader relevant aerospace industry experience.
• You will also have knowledge of working within a mechanical engineering sector
• There may be some travel required as part of the role.
• We are looking for a team player with the ability and willingness to communicate and work with all disciplines of engineering, procurement and suppliers.
• You consider yourself to be a clear communicator with the ability to build effective relationships with your key stakeholders.
• You'll be comfortable and competent in writing technical reports clearly and accurately.
• As an experienced engineer, you will enjoy and take an active part in bringing on the engineers of the future, mentoring and developing them technically.
• Experience with DOORS, RTCA-DO160.
• Knowledge of aircraft certification requirements.
• Experience of FTI.
• Knowledge of airworthiness requirements, EASA awareness.
• Knowledge of Data acquisition, control system, transducer calibration requirements and digital communication systems in support of test applications.
• Familiarity with aircraft power ATA24 system and IMA/RDC based communication systems using ARINC A429 protocol.
• Disposition of concessions for electrical equipment.
• Impact assessment of electrical calibration non-conformances.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.