CONTRACTS ADVISOR (INDIRECT)
- Oil & Gas
- Job Type:
Contracts advisor (indirect)
A Contracts Advisor is required to work on an initial 9 month contract basis in the London area.
The successful candidate will provide P2P experience and indirect team experience.
Responsibilities /Key Objectives:
• Take ownership of allocated categories, develop and implement category strategies, close liaison/working with Contract Holders to understand requirements, review and plan demand.
• Provide day to day commercial advice to Contract Holders on C&P issues and governance. Advise on appropriate C&P strategies which manage risk, exploit commercial opportunities and maximise value for money.
• The Contracts Advisor will lead the commercial and contractual interaction with suppliers.
• Manage the sourcing process; development of pre tender and tender documentation in conjunction with Contract Holder/s, Pre-Qualification, Request for Information (RFI), Invitation to Tender (ITT) and Recommendation to Award (RTA).
• Manage operational procurement (P2P) activities in SAP and associated document administration duties.
• Make contract amendments as necessary, deal with all aspects of variations to contracts.
• In conjunction with Contract Holders manage Contract Performance and Supplier Relationships.
• The Contracts Advisor will work co-operatively in delivering continuous improvement, streamlining processes, minimising risk and maximising value for the company.
• Raise the profile of C&P within customer function, promoting C&P principles and influencing policy where appropriate.
• The Contracts Advisor will work collaboratively with other SCM BDT teams sharing best practice & knowledge.
Experience and Education:
• Proven indirect / professional services procurement experience; Category Management principles and execution, Strategic/Tactical Sourcing, Contracting, and Post Award Supplier Performance Management.
• Experience in the management of global suppliers
• A proven record as a negotiator who has delivered savings and contract efficiencies.
• The Contracts Advisor will have extensive contract drafting experience with exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain cycle.
• International exposure within a multinational organisation.
• P2P Systems experience.
• Hold a relevant degree or an equivalent qualification.
• MCIPS qualified or an equivalent is desirable.
• Research skills (including desktop research skills and access to market commentators) to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities / category areas.
• Analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential C&P techniques such as (TCO) Total Cost of Ownership, financial analysis and pricing models and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
• Presentation skills to create interest, discussion and support on specific subjects with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers.
• Persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills in working with internal customers, colleagues and suppliers.
• Ability to handle a number of tasks simultaneously.