Senior Software Engineer
- Aerospace & Defence
- Job Type:
- Market related
Senior Software Engineer – C/C++ Embedded Software
Competitive salary and benefits package
Our client design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. They have pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Their GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. They have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on their direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Team working ability and drive to deliver on time
- C experience in an embedded, real-time Linux environment
- Experience of embedded processors and Linux on embedded targets
- Experience with producing custom Linux distributions, for example, using Yocto
- Experience of writing Linux device drivers to interface hardware devices and peripherals
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycles and processes
- Experience of requirement analysis, software design and software architecture
- Experience with Git, DOORS NG, JIRA, UML and continuous integration
- Behavioural: self-starting, adaptable, problem solving
- Interfacing with FPGAs and working with Systems on a Chip (SoC)
- Wireless audio communications systems, voice over IP (VoIP)
- Network packet processing, including Internet protocol (IP) v4 and v6 routing
- Python for scripting and user interface design
- Working to airborne software standards, for example, DO-178C or similar
As a Senior Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level hardware interface code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- This will be undertaken alongside other technical activities while working with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from future product requirements.
- Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of an embedded operating system environment, application logic, peripheral drivers, protocols and documentation of the same.
- A key element of the role will be the delivery of software within agreed timescales and to budget.
- The right candidate will be capable of designing and delivering robust code. Demonstration of competence in using C is essential as is embedded programming experience of both low level and high level code.
At First Recruitment Group we understand how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any Senior Engineer’s looking to work for a reputable organisation.