2nd Line Support Technician
- Job Type:
Position: 2nd Line Support Technician
Type: Contract / Staff
Our client has a requirement for a 2nd Line Support Technician with a background in service support, who will be required to work on a contract / Staff basis in Warrington.
The individual will be a member of the Service Desk team providing desk-side support to users within the UK and the European Business Units. Support could be 1st line, answering telephone support calls, qualifying tickets within the support ticketing system and completing a range of activities in support of the company systems.
• Reporting to the Service Desk Manager & IT Operations Manager.
• Member of the IS Service desk & Support Team.
• Interaction with all IS users in the company and the rest of the IS team.
• Taking calls on the IS Helpdesk and providing solutions where possible or logging them into the Service desk for resolution by other IS team members.
• Remote Desk-side support for users including installation of desktops, laptops, and other IT hardware.
• Installation of hardware and software as required.
• Providing remote support to users in all EU offices.
Scope of Job:
• Provide 1st line support for all IS users via the IS Service Desk.
• Provide 1st / 2nd line remote support for overseas BU's.
• Installation of Desktops and Laptops as required.
• Fault fix for all IS hardware as required.
Dimensions and Limits of Authority:
• Work will be allocated to the individual by the Service Desk system, Service Desk team leaders, IT Operations Manager or Project Manager.
• The job holder should undertake their duties as per the procedures and Instructions and as directed by other colleagues.
• Decision making regarding policy or security should be referred the IT Operations Manager.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
• The job holder must be literate and numerate.
• GCSE or equivalent In Mathematics and English and a science.
• To be able to speak German, Swedish and English.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in helpdesk/support services.
• Good Interpersonal Skills.
• NVQ qualifications in a computing subject (or Equivalent) would be beneficial.
• To be able to speak Dutch.
• Desire to learn and grow.
Special Features of Job:
• Occasional light lifting of IT hardware.
• Occasional travel.
• Flexibility of working hours to allow for early start or late finish to cover extended support requirements and/or travel.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for 2nd Line Support Technician looking for new employment.