Land Assembly Assistant
- Rail & Transport
- Job Type:
Land Assembly Assistant
• To undertake land assembly activities as directed to secure entry to land for each work package within the allocated contract area in accordance with the construction programme through the implementation of compulsory purchase powers.
About the Role as a Land Assembly Assistant:
• Lead workshops with Design Engineers, Construction Planners, Land Referencing, Land and Property Acquisitions and Enabling/Main Works Civils Contractors to ensure final land acquisition boundary and land requirements are prepared and signed off
• Verify existence of undertakings and assurances in relation to advance notice of compulsory purchase and entry within the allocated contract Area
• Manage the day to day activities and deliveries from the Land Referencing Consultants (LRC) with annual budget of c. £2m per Area
• Assure referencing data provided by LRC to support acquisition by compulsory purchase powers
• Prepare possession and acquisition notices for approval by Land and Property and by DfT
• Approve notices for entry to land for survey purposes
• Manage daily progress trackers, escalating any deliverables which have been delayed to the contractors
• Lead collaborative working with LRC to improve efficiency of process
• Maintain a register of all notices prepared, served and returned, for the contract area
• Coordinate the preparation of applications for registration of scheme title with colleagues in Legal and the LRC.
Qualifications needed for a Land Assembly Assistant:
• You must have knowledge of land referencing
• An understanding of land assembly activities and compulsory purchase
• Understanding of compulsory purchase powers
• Knowledge of Registration of title (Land Registry)
• Data management skills, including land referencing data recording, analysis and assurance
• Communication skills, to coordinate groups of stakeholders to agree requirements
• An ability to analyse and manipulate data within a Geographical Information System and digital mapping environment.
• It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.