- Job Type:
6 month Contract
• Allocation of Unique Consignment References (UCR) to client customs brokers, collecting all relevant information and maintenance of UCR portal.
• Ensure all documentation is received with 48 hours of issue of UCR and record results
• Update job files as per work instructions and enter data accurately into customs reporting system.
• Checking all information available to process and submit declarations to HMRC
• Create, process and submit import declarations to HMRC
• Contacting clients to confirm information or chase missing documentation / data
• Liaise with client and HMRC to resolve any import declaration related issues.
• Run and deliver management reports as agreed in standard operating procedure
• Using electronic filing software to maintain filing and archiving
• Responsible for adhering to company policy and industry legislation on customs.
• Cross checking work carried out by others in the team (peer reviews)
• Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
• Able to demonstrate customer/client management skills.
• Can evidence strong skills in time and resource management.
• Experience of the customs environment is preferable, either through work or education experience, though not required.
• Institute of Export qualification or equivalent is desirable.
• Experience of working effectively and efficiently with MS Office
• Attention to detail is important in this role.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.